We are currently recruiting for the following role:
Senior Mental Health Advisor
- £31,265 per year
- Full time – 37.5 hours per week
- Based in Royal Borough of Greenwich
- Hybrid working considered in line with policy
South East London Mind and Bridge Support are working in partnership with Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust to deliver the Greenwich Mental Health Hub. This will form part of the new transformation of mental health services in the Royal Borough of Greenwich under the NHS Long Term Plan. The service will bring together the expertise of local primary, secondary and voluntary sector mental health care providers with the aim of providing flexible, holistic and integrated services for adults with mental health problems.
The integrated team will provide support to people with long-term mental health problems within a primary care and community mental health setting, helping people develop their independence, self-management skills and achieve their recovery goals.
We are looking for a Senior Mental Health Advisor with experience of working within mental health services. Applicants should have strong line management skills alongside experience of completing assessments, managing a diverse caseload, working in a busy work environment, and possess effective skills in communication. An ability to work independently but collaboratively, to be proactive and show initiative is essential for this role.
The role will involve:
- Line management of key project staff
- Management of a diverse caseload
- Providing recovery-orientated individual and group-based support to adults with mental health problems
- Collaborative working with all partners involved in the Mental Health Hub
- Undertaking holistic needs and risk assessments
- Commitment to regular training and supervision
- Effective contribution to the development and continuous improvement of the service
Successful applicants will be expected to undergo an Enhanced Level Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing date: Sunday 18th February (11:59pm)
Likely interview date: Week beginning 26th February
Please apply via our website: https://selmind.org.uk/job/senior-mental-health-advisor-7/
About SEL Mind
We are a local Mind with a diverse workforce of over 400 staff and volunteers, working to support people with mental health problems and dementia in the boroughs of Bromley, Greenwich, Lambeth, Lewisham and Southwark. Read about the benefits of working for us.
About Bridge Support
Bridge Support began in 1986 and has grown into the main service provider for mental health in the Royal Borough of Greenwich with a current workforce of 130 staff. They work with several strategically selected partners to support people with long-term mental health problems by providing the framework they need to work towards independent living.
Inclusion is a core value for both SEL Mind and Bridge Support. We welcome all applicants, including those with lived experience of mental health problems. We particularly encourage applications from:
- People from culturally diverse communities
- Disabled people
- People with diverse sexual orientations and gender identities
- Under 25s