Support for People Moving On From High-Dependency Mental Health Services
Where do people with mental health problems get help when they move on from 24-hour support?
Sometimes, people with enduring mental health problems who are ready to take a step towards independence need significant help to stay on the road to recovery.
If people move too quickly from 24-hour support to independent living, they are more likely to have setbacks, including relapse and readmittance.
Most people with mental health problems leaving 24-hour support need a gradual entry back to independent living.
Medium mental health support in the community
- Targeted help for people on a pathway from 24-hour support
- Onsite support 9am- 9pm, on call throughout the night
- Supported accommodation
- High quality housing
- Women only services
The quality of care delivered has been excellent, the economic argument is a powerful one comparing the cost of placement in secure hospitals with the scheme provided at the TILT project.
John Enser, Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust
How we do it
- Each client takes ownership of a support plan
- A dedicated support worker works with the client
- The relationship between Bridge team members and the clients is fundamental to the success of the program
- Clients live in accommodation that promotes independence
- Clients learn or relearn daily living skills that are crucial for them achieving independence
- Partnership working with clinicians and care coordinators
- Ensuring clients have the best possible assistance they need for their path to recovery
What makes us different?
- We create a support plan for each client that meets their needs.
- The Trial Leave Period enables us to assess the suitability of the client for the project.
- Clients learn real-life skills that give them a better chance of living independently.
- Staged integration protects both the client and the community.
The impact on the client and the community
- Typically, it takes less than 2 years for a client to move from medium to a lower level of support
- Over 30% of clients move on to lower levels of support every year
- In 2 years, 50% of clients move on to independent living
- Cost per annum is 10k a year which is 5x less than accommodating a person in 24-hr support
How you can work with us
As well as the normal tendering process, you can commission our services in the following ways:
- Use our contact form
- Pick up the phone to speak to us on 020 8298 9677
- Email us to discuss spot contracting OR delivery of a bespoke service that meets your need