Women-only mental health support services in the community.
How can we support women who need mental health support in the community?
Women who suffer from mental health issues are sometimes compounded by problems caused by other issues such as rough sleeping, homelessness, and domestic violence.
In these circumstances it can be extremely difficult for male staff to build relationships with them which is detrimental to their recovery.
By creating a safe space, exclusively for women we can circumvent any negative emotions that may be triggered by interaction with male support workers.
We are therefore able to focus on developing the skills and resilience our clients need to live independent, fulfilled lives in the community.
The quality of care delivered has been excellent, the economic argument is a powerful one comparing the cost of placement in secure hospitals with the scheme provided at the TILT project.
John Enser, Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust
Bridge women–only services focus on building skills and resilience for independent living
- Bridge provides a support service for women aged 18-65 in a purpose-built facility
- Onsite support in available 9am- 9pm, on call throughout the night
- Safe accommodation
- A stable environment that enables clients to focus on developing on the skills they need to move to less-supported accommodation and ultimately, independent living.
What makes us different?
- Our properties provide the only female mental health support service within the Royal Borough of Greenwich.
- Our support services are tailored to our clients’ needs and can include everything from establishing and maintaining a tenancy to support for training, education and/or volunteering opportunities.
- Each client takes ownership of a support plan that sets out the level and type of support they require.
- A dedicated support worker partner works with the client to focus on the steps that have been agreed. This relationship is fundamental to the success of the program.
A high percentage of clients move on to independent living in their own council accommodation after approximately 2.5 years. Their move is led by the individual’s progress towards independence.
How you can work with us
As well as the normal tendering process, you can commission our services in the following ways:
- Use our contact form
- Pick up the phone to speak to us on 020 8298 9677
- Email us to discuss spot contracting OR delivery of a bespoke service that meets your need
We are currently recruiting for the following roles:
For more information, email email@example.com