(We are currently recruiting for the following role:
Mental Health Rehab Worker
- £27,570 per year
- Full time
- Permanent contract
- Based in Royal Borough of Greenwich
- Hybrid working considered
Bromley, Lewisham & Greenwich Mind is a highly regarded local charity, helping people to be mentally healthy and working together with those experiencing mental health problems and dementia to improve their quality of life. With an annual turnover of £7M, over 150 staff and 250 volunteers, we are one of the largest charities in the Mind network
Bridge Support began in 1986 and has grown into the main service provider for mental health in the Royal Borough of Greenwich with a current workforce of 130 staff. We work with several strategically selected partners to support people with long-term mental health problems by providing the framework they need to work towards independent living. Our aim is for every person to be able to enjoy the freedoms, opportunities, and pleasures that most people take for granted.
This role will work as part of an integrated team with Bridge, BLG Mind and Oxleas NHS Trust
The employing organisation for this role is Bridge Support
We are working in partnership with Oxleas NHS Foundation Trust to deliver the Greenwich Mental Health Hub. This will form part of the new transformation of mental health services in the Royal Borough of Greenwich under the NHS Long Term Plan. The service will bring together the expertise of local primary, secondary and voluntary sector mental health care providers with the aim of providing flexible, holistic and integrated services for adults with mental health problems.
The integrated team will provide support to people with long-term mental health problems within a primary care and community mental health setting, helping people develop their independence, self-management skills and achieve their recovery goals.
We are looking for people with experience of working within mental health services including to support prevention, recovery and self-management. Applicants should have experience of completing assessments, managing a diverse caseload, working in a busy work environment, and possess effective skills in communication. An ability to work independently but collaboratively, to be proactive and show initiative is essential for this role.
The role will involve working with clients who have mental health problems:
- Management of a diverse caseload
- Providing recovery-orientated individual and group-based support to adults with mental health problems
- Collaborative working with all partners involved in the Greenwich Mental Health Hub
- To meet the needs of the service you will be expected to work across different services and sites
- Undertaking holistic needs and risk assessments
- Provide flexible social, emotional and practical support to service users within their own homes and in the community setting
- Commitment to regular training and supervision
- Effective contribution to the development and continuous improvement of the service
- Enable service users to access and make use of local rehabilitation opportunities suited to their own support plan
BLG Mind and Bridge Support recognise the importance of having a diverse and inclusive work force, and would therefore particularly welcome applications from the following, currently under-represented, groups:
- People from culturally diverse communities
- Disabled people
- People with diverse sexual orientations and gender identities
- Young people
Both organisations are committed to meeting the reasonable adjustments of disabled people, and welcome applications from people with lived experience of mental health problems.
Successful applicants will be expected to undergo an Enhanced Level Disclosure and Barring Service check and Right to Work Checks.
Please note that it is a requirement of the role to take the COVID Vaccination/Booster when offered, unless you are medically exempt.
Closing date: Sunday 20th November 2022 (11:59pm)
Likely interview date: Week beginning 28th November 2022
To apply, CVs should be emailed to email@example.com